3 of the most terrifying, deadly & largest man-eating lions on record. They terrified thousands. The only known man-eaters on display tmk.
The Man-Eating Lions of Tsavo & Mfuwe!
This page may contain affiliate links to a product(s). In the event of a sale, I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting my blog!
… “Even now, when children ask about it,
you do not tell them at night.”
6 minute Video– The man-eating lions of Tsavo & Mfuwe are the stuff of nightmares. They developed a taste for human flesh and hunted them as prey. This is the only public display of man-eaters in the world, that I’m aware of. Chicago’s Field Museum has all 3. The lions of Tsavo were accused of murdering over 100, hunting humans as a pair, which had never been witnessed before. The Man-Eater of Mfuwe ripped women & children from within their very homes & village. Find out about their rampage, what they did, how to visit, & look into the eyes of these infamous man-eaters, the last thing their victims ever saw.
Don’t forget to Like & Subscribe to our Youtube channel so you don’t miss any of our videos! See the full article guide to Visiting the Man-Eating Lions of Tsavo Mfuwe in Chicago:
- Our other Museum Travel Posts
- Other Kids Travel Posts
- Our other Illinois Travel Posts
- Our other History Travel Posts
Movie & books featuring the story of the lions of Tsavo & the Man-Eater of Mfuwe:
- Movie- The Ghost and the Darkness (highly recommend)
- The Man-Eaters of Tsavo book by the shooter and 1st hand account, himself, Lt Col. J. Patterson A bit dry and British formal, per the style in 1907. The Tsavo lions are only 9 chapters of this 27 chapter book detailing his African encounters.
- The Lions of Tsavo: Exploring the Legacy of Africa’s Notorious Man-Eaters by Dr Bruce Patterson. A detailed, studious read by expert and curator at the Chicago Field Museum. A newer read with the benefit of recent, scientific research on the Tsavo lions. He discusses other man-eaters, as well.
- The Man-Eater of Mfuwe by Wayne Hosek- Written by the hunter that finally took the lion down. His account of the 3 week hunt and events leading up to and after shooting the infamous man-eater.
Subscribe to Once Upon a Wheat on Youtube & don't miss a video!
Full Guide Article:
Share with Friends & Pin it for Later!
You May Also Enjoy these Recent Articles:
Full video of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Boat Cruise in Munising Upper Peninsula, Michigan! See the sandstone cliffs, cliff waterfalls & more in the UP!
There are giants in the forests of Kentucky! The family of Forest Giants at Bernheim Forest are magical & Must See Gems!
Each of these deadly disasters have a shocking, unlikely tale. Lives, young & old, cut brutally short, towns were decimated, and families shattered forever.
The DC Monuments at night or day, which is better? I’ll give you the photos, and pros & cons for each DC monument, memorial & site.
The 5 Highlights of Legoland Discovery Center in Chicago , Illinois that you don’t want to miss! Rides, workshops, 4D & more. Something for everyone!
Bill’s years of experience & my insight mountain biking as a beginner taught me vital tips. Here’s everything you need to know to go mountain biking… and enjoy it!